Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Object to Body Cardboard Contact Lens Case

While making this contact lens case it all went pretty smoothly, even though it did consume all my time, it turned out better than i thought it would.

Front

Back

Kathy made me add on to the back buy creating the two concave spheres like it showed on the original contact lens case.  Im very glad she did because we had to get indepthly critiqued by three judges in front of the whole class; just like American Idol. They were rating us on craftmanship, presentation, and object to body relativity.  Scoring ranged from 0-5; from what I remember I scored 2,3,3. 
They said I should have made the lens covers move some how...like put my arms in them.  Which now that I think about it that would have been alot more interesting. 
Here is what my presentation looked like:





This critique was very nerve racking....
and I didnt realize how tall it was on my body till I saw these pictures haha.

This cardboard creation has really taught me how to work with cardboard. If I ever become homeless I will definitely know how to create one pretty darn good house to live in!

No comments:

Post a Comment