Monday, March 21, 2011

Mark Making Project Critique

1. Overall Composition
- I think my overall composition is good, the use of negative space helps it.  Also the marks created relates the emotion pain very well.  The bow sticking out shows what my story was about. 
The only thing I would change about it is make it convex like an eye is, and the part where the bow sticks in it dents in.

2. Sense of mood/emotion or sensory experience
- The sense of mood is pain/agony.

3 Relationship of mood/emotion to mark
- The mark completely relates this emotion.  The spikey marking, looks sharp and veiny.  Also the shape of the eye with a violen bow sticking in it conveys pain.

4.. Use of negative space
- I definitely used more negative space than marking space.  This goes along with my story because an eye has more negative space.

5. Use or medium/materials.
- The violen bow sticking out, glossy white paint, shape of the canvas all are great.  I would change the way  I did the foam, I could have played with it more creating a convex look.

6. Presentation
- Presentation was nice, hanging on a wall, and the wire behind hide the way it was hung.

No comments:

Post a Comment